Hi-Fi dock for iPod Classic...please recommend.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Dear All,

This is my first post here so please be gentle with me, I have no idea about any of these things!

Basically, my husband bought himself and 80Gb iPod Classic just after Christmas and has since invested in an iPod speaker dock to go in our kitchen (Tannoy i30 - which he is happy with but only because he got it for £99 instead of £250). Also, he has just bought a "monster" lead from the Apple store so he can connect the iPod to his separates system which is obviously far superior.

However, he has also seen the docks that you can sit ontop of your system which simple act as a cradle for the Ipod and more often than not have a remote so you dont have to keep picking it up and messing with it everytime you get fed up of a track or album. I have done some research into this accessory and have come acrcross the Onkyo DS-A2 for around £55, a Denon ASD-1R for around £75 and the more expensive Arcam dock for around £100.

Ideally I dont want to spend £100 on it hence the fact the Onkyo one is the most appealing.

So:

1. Which one do you recommend for an individual who is very picky over sound quality?

2. Are all of these compatible with his iPod Classic 80Gb?

3. What (if any) connection leads will I have to buy to go with it or will the "monster" icable he already has be sufficient?

Many many thanks in advance.

Danni

A

Anonymous

Danni

Hi, Go buy the iwant300 universal dockng station it we make your husbands ipod sound a lot better, and it only costs £15 currys /pc world.It plugs straight into the audio in/out, go buy now!!!!

Paul

A

Anonymous

I have a feeling that is a speaker dock? That isn't what I am after.

He is happy with his Tannoy i30 as a speaker dock for other rooms in our house but he also wants an INDIVIDUAL DOCK (no speakers) simply to attach his iPod to his separate Amp and Sonus Faber speakers that he has already got set up in the lounge.

Thanks for your response anyway.

Any ideas?

A

Anonymous

No it's just a dock, it has no speakers. This was the only link I could easily find online with a picture.

iw300

A

Anonymous

Hi

The iwant 300 simply connects to your amp through your audio in/out, ihave one and it sounds great, thats why i am recommending it. Go buy now!!!

Paul

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="low0003"]
So:

1. Which one do you recommend for an individual who is very picky over sound quality?

2. Are all of these compatible with his iPod Classic 80Gb?

3. What (if any) connection leads will I have to buy to go with it or will the "monster" icable he already has be sufficient?

[/quote]

Hi Danni,

I wouldn't go for the IW kit - not in the same league as the products you're looking at.

What separates do you already have, as the usability of the docks will be affected by that (ie ability to control them via your system remote?

For example, the Arcam is the best-sounding of those options, but will only work with Arcam remotes....

A

Anonymous

Hi Clare,

Right, well he has a mix of separates so I will just give you a list of them all as I dont know the relevance of these things!?

* Exposure Amplifier * Musical Fidelity A3 CD Player * PURE DAB Radio * Sonus Faber Speakers *

He is well into his toys but obviously cant afford them as readily now that he has a mortgage to finance. Haha. He will notice if the sound is cheap. He is ridiculously particular and collectively the system above is worth around £3k+ so that should give you an idea of the sound quality we are talking about.

Many Thanks to all previous posts as well.

Danni

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts