Here we go again Minority Report Ad...

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Is it just me this time? That new advert for the Minority Report Blu-ray on the home page, stretches the full width of the screen so it's impossible to go from your tabs to the link bar (to get to the forums for instance) without crossing it and there's a delay until it actually pops up, so you think you're safe to click the link to forum but no! It's sneaked up on you and now you're staring at an HMV page, AGAIN! That's about half a dozen times that's happened already today, not very impressed...

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Only once the ad has actually appeared though, I can't click on the close link because the visual pop-up seems to be somewhat behind the "logical" pop-up, so even though I think I'm clicking on the forum link the ad's click detection has got in there first.

Besides I shouldn't have to close an ad I didn't want to open in the first place, just because I can't get round the edges of it like you can with all the other ads.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Just tried to duplicate the problem in both Fox duFeu and Safari (ugh!), and I seem to get to the forums every time no probs. And that's on the painfully slow network connection we endure in the office.

But will flag up your probs to our digital people...

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Oh yeah definitely, I sometimes get a shadow of the ad appear just as I've attempted to click on the forum link, so there's definitely something popping up, albeit slowly (this is a pretty rubbish old laptop, the other ads tend to appear pretty quickly though, I don't know why this one takes as long as it does). I'm using Chrome at the moment incidentally.

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:

Just tried to duplicate the problem in both Fox duFeu and Safari (ugh!), and I seem to get to the forums every time no probs. And that's on the painfully slow network connection we endure in the office.

But will flag up your probs to our digital people...

Wow, digital people work in your office ? What happens at promotion time, do they get converted to analogue ? Lol

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
johnnyjazz:Wow, digital people work in your office ? What happens at promotion time, do they get converted to analogue ? Lol

No, they work in a slightly different office. And thanks for the lol - made me aware it was a joke.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
JohnDuncan:"promotion time"?

All in good time, John, all in good time
emotion-5.gif

the_lhc:

Is it just me this time? That new advert for the Minority Report Blu-ray on the home page, stretches the full width of the screen so it's impossible to go from your tabs to the link bar (to get to the forums for instance) without crossing it and there's a delay until it actually pops up, so you think you're safe to click the link to forum but no! It's sneaked up on you and now you're staring at an HMV page, AGAIN! That's about half a dozen times that's happened already today, not very impressed...

Makes a change from the battery bunny....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts