HELP !!!!!!!

ive just reset up my TA sony hifi from the 80s and it was working well for a week .

Then the TA-V715T amp started to crackle and cut out so ive switched it off and did the usall thing by turning it it up and down to clear and dust build up but that didnt work .

So the next day i went to the local hifi repair shop for advice the sold me a contact cleaner lubiciant (servisol super 10 spray) and the told me to spray th pot aand turn it up and down to clear it .now ive done this it dont work atol so can any one help or is it dead

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
James Dalzell said:
HELP !!!!!!!

ive just reset up my TA sony hifi from the 80s and it was working well for a week .

Then the TA-V715T amp started to crackle and cut out so ive switched it off and did the usall thing by turning it it up and down to clear and dust build up but that didnt work .

So the next day i went to the local hifi repair shop for advice the sold me a contact cleaner lubiciant (servisol super 10 spray) and the told me to spray th pot aand turn it up and down to clear it .now ive done this it dont work atol so can any one help or is it dead

Sounds like one for TrevC or Andyjm...

Gaz37

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
If a hammer and harsh language won't fix it the problem is electrical.

Seriously though I've heard electrolytic capacitors dry out in old amps, now that may sound knowledgable but I actually have no idea what these things look like or how to fix/replace them.

From what seen most repairers charge around £30 to find the fault with the repair costing extra so it depends on what the amp is worth to you.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts