Help with use of external pre amp with integrated amp required.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've used an Bel Canto Evo 2i integrated amplifier for some time, but now have the option of using a Musical Fidelity A5cr pre amp. I have a number of questions regarding this:

Is it possible to use a pre amp and an integrated amp together? What output would the pre amp be feeding into the Bel Canto? Would it sound any different? How would you use the volume controls on each piece of equipment?

The Bel Canto does not have a bypass for it's pre amp so would have to feed one preamp into the second integrated one.

Thanks.

lonely boy

Apr 19, 2008
Visit site
I can't answer you question concerning output voltage specifically. But I run my Sugden Headmaster into the line inputs of my Nad 302 Intergrated, after finding the right cables the improvement is huge, soundstage and detail especially. How much mileage you get out of it depends on your equipment and the quality of your intergrated amps pre section, of course.

If I listen to rock, dance or anything like that, I plug my headphones (I only use headphones, no speakers) into the NAD, otherwise for more delicate, nuanced music without the need for loads of bass and weight, they go into Sugden.

Hope this is some use to you. For me, yes i'd say it was a big improvement!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts