Help with upgrade to system

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am thinking of upgrading my system - Arcam CD Alpha 5 Plus, Amp Arcam 290 and Poweramp 290P, speaker B&W P series floorstanders. Also have an Ariston RD80 deck which I rarely use.

Must admit haven't looked at hifi for a while! Room - 9m by 4m. Music - anything from classical to Led Zep

Budget possibly around 2-3K. Any advice on options to look at gratefully received.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="judith123"]
I am thinking of upgrading my system - Arcam CD Alpha 5 Plus, Amp Arcam 290 and Poweramp 290P, speaker B&W P series floorstanders. Also have an Ariston RD80 deck which I rarely use.

Must admit haven't looked at hifi for a while! Room - 9m by 4m. Music - anything from classical to Led Zep

Budget possibly around 2-3K. Any advice on options to look at gratefully received.

[/quote]

A lot of choice for that amount of money. You need to spend listening at dealers. How do you like your music/sound?

T

the record spot

That RD80 might be worth hanging on to if it's in good nick. Your music tastes are a bit like mine I think and I went for good all rounders when I purchased my gear, in preference to components which excelled with rock, but not so good with vocal only and the like.

Chances are you are spoilt for choice; don't write-off the 4 star items or the secondhand market too. Well worth investigating and the used market often turns up some stunners at a good price and with a warranty thrown in. The likes of Shadow Audio, Billy Vee, etc, etc, are two good examples of dealers to check out. Retro Reproductions in Edinburgh too, although they don't - I think - do a warranty. That said I bought my Mimik CD player there last year and it is fine. Doing a great job in fact, so that's a personal recommendation I am confident to give. There are many more though, so scout around!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts