help with sonos play bar

cardboard dave

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
want to get the sonos playbar to augment my ever growing sonos house,However my 8 year old panasonic plasma does not have the required optical out and although a new tv is the horizon I want to get the playbar now,I watch all my tv on sky+hd and said skybox does have a optical out if i connect the playbar this way will it work.I realise wont be able to use the bd player but i can live with that for now,Sonos dont support this connection so wont answer this quetion on the sonos forum

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
cardboard dave said:
want to get the sonos playbar to augment my ever growing sonos house,However my 8 year old panasonic plasma does not have the required optical out and although a new tv is the horizon I want to get the playbar now,I watch all my tv on sky+hd and said skybox does have a optical out if i connect the playbar this way will it work.I realise wont be able to use the bd player but i can live with that for now,Sonos dont support this connection so wont answer this quetion on the sonos forum

If you're talking about forums.sonos.com, I'm on there all day long and that question has been asked and answered dozens of times, it's a user forum, no-one there works for Sonos, so we'll answer any question. We WILL point out if something isn't supported but if it works we'll tell you. The Sky box connection will work fine, one optical connection is pretty much like any other really. Just set the Sky box to output Dolby Digital through optical and you're away.

TRENDING THREADS