Help with set up

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I am looking at setting up a system to supplement what I already have and one which will allow me to play music through my current set up using music stored on laptop/iphone.

My current set up is included in my sig and I have a budget of around £300, any ideas on the best approach?.

Not my expertise, but is the Cambridge Audio NP30 any use (though it is £400)?

Review in August 2011 edition, and here http://www.whathifi.com/review/cambridge-audio-np30

Others with more computer savvy will suggest something less user-friendly, I expect!

matthewpiano

The obvious route would be to add a DAC - either the Rega DAC or the Musical Fidelity M1 DAC would do the job if you could stretch to £400. For less than that consider the Cambridge Audio DACMagic.

Alternatively, consider the Squeezebox Touch as an interface for music stored on your network. Excellent sound quality out of the box and really good to use too. At around £220, it's something of a bargain and would leave you enough to add an ipod dock if the desire takes you.

A

Anonymous

An Apple Airport Express and Airfoil would be fine IMO and would only cost around £90.

A

Anonymous

marplesl said:
Hi,

I am looking at setting up a system to supplement what I already have and one which will allow me to play music through my current set up using music stored on laptop/iphone.

My current set up is included in my sig and I have a budget of around £300, any ideas on the best approach?.

Buy an Apple Airport Express.

You can attach a DAC via optical link later as required - I use an Ultramatch for that bit. The iPhone can play sound straight out to the Airport Express - it's very neat.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts