Help with optical connections

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a Humax Foxsat-HD freesat box connected to Samsung LCD TV via HDMI lead, Samsung Blu-ray player also connected via HDMI lead. I'm trying to connect to my TEAC CR-H275i amp/receiver to improve the sound, however when i connect my optical lead to the amp i still get a sound signal to the TV but it is not in phased with the amp, if i turn the volume down on the TV the sound through the hifi also gets lower any suggestions please?????????

(Blu-ray player is connected to hifi using phono leads works fine through tv as well)

A

Anonymous

optical is coming out of humax........but i am really open to suggestions for alternative set up

Alsone

Jul 21, 2007
Visit site
I have an optical connection that works perfect for me.

I have HDMI Humax > TV.

Optical Humax > Receiver.

I have no problems, excellent sound from both sources.

If I want cinema sound I mute the tv and turn the receiver on. If I want normal sound to go with the tv, I keep the receiver off.

The sound will get lower when you lower the volume on the tv because you listening to 2 sources of sound simoultaneously before you turn the tv down. However, turning the receiver up should give you all the volume you need. If however you're turning the tv down from the Humax box, see my comment below:

If you're turning the tv sound down from the Humax then this will make it go entirely quiet also as the volume on the Humax box is an output volume control not a tv control so you're lowering the volume from all the outputs including optical.

I run my Humax permanently on 100% volume and adjust volume from the tv and receiver. 100% output also causes less problems with HD vs SD sound (HD is louder by default).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts