Help with first proper system please

Q Bass

Sep 5, 2007
Visit site
Hi

Is there an Amp, a DAB tuner and CD/DVD player out there that can be controlled by a single remote?

I know it’s a daft question but I don’t want to have to keep getting up to change stations or tracks

Also what sort of power do I need for a medium sized room and what floor standing speakers are good for bass driven music?

Q Bass

Sep 5, 2007
Visit site
Hi

Thank you for the link but I only have around £400-£500 for the system and the Arcam Solo is around £1,000

Any more help would be great

Q

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I think you'll struggle with that budget. Maybe look at the NAD BEE separates, or alternatively go for a second hand Linn Classik, which can be picked up on eBay for around £400. Get yourself a pair of B&W 601 S3 speakers and some stands, again 2nd hand for about £100-£130.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I don't know about the speakers, they may be a little bright. Buy the separates anyway because you can always upgrade the speakers at a later date.

A

Anonymous

Do you want the DVD playback to be multichannel or stereo?

Q Bass

Sep 5, 2007
Visit site
Hi

The DVD player isn't a must but if I can have one that would be a bonus

Multichanned sound would be nice but I don't think in my price range it's going to be possible - I did see a Yamaha AV reciever with a built in DAB tuner a while back but I can't find it now then all I would require is a compatible DVD player that the Yamaha remote could control then I would be on my way

Can anyone tell me if that product is still around or was I dreaming about it

Q

Q Bass

Sep 5, 2007
Visit site
Hi

I've seen the 1 box units from Onkyo, Teak, Yamaha and an amp and CD player from Denon

Teac DRH300DAB, YAMAHA CRXM170, ONKYO CR715DAB and DENON DF102DAB

These all fit my price range but can they drive big speakers? Also I kno some have Sub pre outs could someone tell me if all of them do and I want to add a sub

Only the Teac unit has DVD but I can overlook that if any of the other systems are better for power and sound, I think the Onkyo unit has the most power but I'm not sure someone must know PLEASE

Cheers

Q

p.s. I like the Denon as it's seperate amp and CD player but it doesn't appear to have alot of power and I can't find out if it has a sub pre-out

Q Bass

Sep 5, 2007
Visit site
Hi all again lol

Can someone shed some light - I've emailled the companies and they haven't got back to me regarding speakers someone on here must know?

Cheers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts