Help with Finding the Right 5-Pin DIN to RCA Cable

Maor

Oct 15, 2024
Visit site
Hey everyone,

Hope you’re all doing well!

I’m having a bit of trouble finding the right cable for my setup. I need a female 5-pin DIN to 2 male RCA cable. I recently bought one that seemed to fit the bill, but unfortunately, it only outputs sound from one speaker.

Here’s my setup:

• Turntable: Bang & Olufsen Beogram 1900
  • Speakers: JBL L46
  • DAC: Musical Fidelity V-DAC 2
  • Amplifier: Cambridge Audio Azur 851A
  • Phono Stage: Pro-Ject Phono Box MM
This is the cable I bought last time:

If anyone has a recommendation for a cable that would work, I’d love to hear it. Also, if you have the same or a similar turntable, I’d be interested to know what cable you’re using with it.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Maor

Gray

I need a female 5-pin DIN to 2 male RCA cable.
You do.
But you need to know for sure how your turntable's DIN PLUG is wired, before you can buy the appropriate DIN socket to RCA phono cable.

The pinout of the plug will be shown somewhere, either in the user instruction manual, or online somewhere.

For absolute certainty, it's an easy job to slide back the plastic cover on the plug and have a look what pins the wires are connected to.
You'll see a small square on the body - its where you push in a sprung metal piece - that allows the cover to slide backwards from the plug / pins body.

If you don't know what you're looking at - just post a zoomed in picture of the wired pins and we'll advise.

Do the same with the socket you've bought and there's a good chance you'll see why it only works on one channel (the wiring will not be matching the plug wiring - which it needs to be).

Fandango Andy

Don't you already have a thread going regards this?
He sort of does. The original thread was about isolating the problem. It is looking increasingly likely the problem is the cable. If it isn't the cable, its the turntable, and its considerably cheaper to get a replacement cable than turntable, so that was the obvious last test. The other question was under "HiFi". I suggested he posted in "Turntable" in the hope of finding someone with a B&O dec who could steer him towards the correct cable,

Reactions: Gray

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts