Help with choosing a subwoofer

Loczki

Aug 20, 2007
Visit site
Hi, i was looking for a subwoofer to join my Tannoy Mercury F4s, and was wondering if anyone could offer me some advice. I was looking at the Velodyne SPL-800i, although that is at the very top of my price bracket, i would prefer to spend around 350-400 pounds. Any help will be greatly appreciated,

My setup is:
NAD 2200 AMP, NAD 1155 Pre-Amp, Tannoy Mercury F4 speakers

A

Anonymous

Bk monolth! nothing touch's it around thr £400 mark but it is big!

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
I bought an MJAcoustic Pro 50 (original) for just over a hundred quid new. Preferred it to a couple of the 'cheaper' Rel's. It's small, sealed and has a quality heavy duty driver. Rated at only 50 or so watts but its fast and had no problem to solidly underpin AVI's actives at high volume. You dont need 500 watts unless you want to recreate realistic explosions and thunder with films. There are other more important criteria if its predominantly for music.

Perhaps worth checking out. They go under the Ruark Vita 50 banner on ebay. Used to be £300 or 400 when launched.

A

Anonymous

Hi ya drummerman! you need to hear a mono ive a few MJ subs a pro 50 and a ref200 and the mono better in every respect imo of course! The only real downside is its HUGE. In fact so huge ive had replace mine with something smaller :-(

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts