Help - what amp?

smcb91

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi. I have an ancient system comprising an Arcam Delta 90 amp, Arcam Alpha 7 CD player and a pair of floor-standing Kelly Transducer KT2s. Much loved though it is, the amp is becoming unreliable and I think needs to be replaced (it starts crackling randomly and once it starts, it won't stop - I assume it's the amp, but don't have any other kit to test it). My partner would love me to replace the whole system with something a lot smaller, but I don't imagine that I'll ever be able to afford to get anywhere close to the sound quality again. So, I'm wondering if anyone could suggest an amp that might work well in this set-up and cost less that £400 (new or used)? If anyone can offer a point of view, I'd be very grateful.

Cheers,

Sinead

smcb91

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Around 400 quid. I listen to anything and everything. I don't know too much about this stuff, so I guess I'd have to lamely say that I like the richness of the sound and the fact that it can be extremely loud without losing any quality. Cheers.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
You might keep an eye on this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Arcam-FMJ-A18-Phono-Integrated-Amplifier-/161189413577?lgeo=1&clk_rvr_id=571382267086&vectorid=229508

TRENDING THREADS