HELP ! Very confused.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there, as the title state's i am in a bit of a dilemma and i need some sound advice. I own a PIONEER SC-LX82 av receiver and also a PIONEER BDP-LX52 bd player and i have set up both via hdmi and so far i am very happy with the sound and picture quality BUT someone told me that to get the best out of my av system i should make sure that i use the receiver's DAC and not the bd player's because the receiver has a much better quality DAC than that of the bd player. Is this true? and if so then how do i make sure that i am using the receiverr's DAC and not the bd player's, do i need to bitstream from the bd player to the receiver or what because i am totally confused. So basically what setting's do i need to change or set on the receiver and bd player for the above to occur. Any help would be very appreciated. Thank's

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Yes, send a digital signal out from the Bluray player(bitstream) - the amp will detect this automatically. Done
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

FrankHarveyHiFi:Yes, send a digital signal out from the Bluray player(bitstream) - the amp will detect this automatically. Done
emotion-1.gif

Hi David, I have just tried to do what you suggested by trying to send out a digital signal but i can't find anything either in the manual or whilst going through the setting's of the bd player about outputting in bitsream. I only get option of DD, DTS, AAC, PCM etc BUT nothing at all that about bitstream. What the hell am i doing wrong, please HELP. Thank's.

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
If it is anything like the BDP320 that i have, you should have a setup menu. Just go through to the initial setup menu, then down to the setup navigator press enter, then start & follow it through, that should do the trick for you.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
DR KAY:
FrankHarveyHiFi:Yes, send a digital signal out from the Bluray player(bitstream) - the amp will detect this automatically. Done
emotion-1.gif

Hi David, I have just tried to do what you suggested by trying to send out a digital signal but i can't find anything either in the manual or whilst going through the setting of the bd player about outputting in bitsream. I only get option of PCM etc. What am i doing wrong. Thank's.

Well, it's not "PCM etc" that's in the menu, it's PCM or Auto. The Auto setting will bitstream the audio to the receiver, which is what you want.

It's page 38 of the manual (which isn't the clearest one I've ever seen...).

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
If the amp displays 'Dolby True HD' or 'DTS HD Master-Audio' (or any abbreviations of these) when playing the corresponding HD soundtrack. The amp is doing the decoding.

If it doesn't flag either of these codecs, and the BD player is definitely sending a HD soundtrack, the BD is doing the decoding.

I could be talking nonsense, but I'm sure this was how it happened for me when I bought my '760 before Christmas.

A

Anonymous

the_lhc:DR KAY:
emotion-1.gif

Hi David, I have just tried to do what you suggested by trying to send out a digital signal but i can't find anything either in the manual or whilst going through the setting of the bd player about outputting in bitsream. I only get option of PCM etc. What am i doing wrong. Thank's.

Well, it's not "PCM etc" that's in the menu, it's PCM or Auto. The Auto setting will bitstream the audio to the receiver, which is what you want.

Chear's mate, i have just followed what you stated and now it's definatly bitstreaming to the receiver, it's just that PIONEER do not make it clear at all about how to bitstream in that there is no mention of it in their manual or on screen set up menu.

A

Anonymous

the_lhc:DR KAY:
emotion-1.gif

Chear's ' the_lhc ', i have just followed what you stated and now it's definatly bitstreaming to the receiver, it's just that PIONEER do not make it clear at all about how to bitstream in that there is no mention of it in their manual or on screen set up menu. Also ' Big Chris ' is also right in saying that you can tell if a signal is being bitstreamed by the bd player to the receiver when the receiver display's DOLBY DIGITAL, DTS, DD MASTER AUDIO, DTS MASTER AUDIO etc. So thank's all you guy's, i knew i could rely on your extensive knowledge to resolve this issue of mine.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
DR KAY:the_lhc:It's page 38 of the manual (which isn't the clearest one I've ever seen...).
Chear's mate, i have just followed what you stated and now it's definatly bitstreaming to the receiver, it's just that PIONEER do not make it clear at all about how to bitstream in that there is no mention of it in their manual or on screen set up menu.

Yeah, like I said it's not the best manual in the world, although from what I understand they're better than Denon's, but to be honest I've not seen too many BDP manuals that really explain this in a way that the average person understands properly.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts