Help - TV Dilemma!!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I am in a bit of a dilemma. I desperately need a new TV and am torn between the Samung LE46F86 and the Pioneer PDP-428XD. I cannot decide which to get and keep switching between the two depending on which review I read!

To give some background, I have SkyHD, a PS3 and will also be getting the Onkyo SR605 and KEF 3005SE speakers - so would need a screen to match!

I am an avid live sports, DVD and PS3 games nut so should I forget the Pioneer and go for a Full HD screen, or will I even notice the difference?

Please help, your assistance would be much appreciated!

Kind regards,

Waseem

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
No contest: if you can afford the Pioneer, go for it. It's the best set in its class, and no, don't worry about the fact that it's not Full HD. The picture is so good it really doesn't matter, whether you're watching TV, playing a DVD or viewing Blu-ray. It's great at handling fast motion too, so is ideal for sports.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Andy!

Do you have any idea when the final range of Pioneers will be released - or shall I go for the PDP-42XD before the stop making them?!

Kind regards,

Waseem

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Hi Waseem

Don't have a precise date for the release of the 2008 Pioneer plasmas, but most TV manufacturers normally release their new models at around this time of year. That said, there's nothing in the diary at the moment from Pioneer, so you may have to wait a couple of months for the new sets to arrive. Might be worth a quick call to Pioneer on 01753 789789.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Pioneer aren't planning anything new until around September time - or at least that's what was planned last time I spoke to them. Their feeling is (with some justification) that the current Kuros are far enough ahead of the game to not need an upgrade just yet.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts