Help, Stick with Sony Davis-10 or ditch

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a Samsung LE40N87 tv, Sony Davis-10 DVD system and just added a Sony S360 Blu-Ray. I was always happy with the Davis 10 but since moving into Blu-Ray all I use if for is the surround sound. The picture on the Blu-Ray is amazing but the sound not so great. Don't hear any difference over normal DVD's. Is there anything I can do with the Davis 10 to improve it, or is it time to move to separate amp and speakers? I use QED performance HDMI cables. Any advice appreciated.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
You won't hear any difference in sound between DVD & BD, as your DAV-IS10 is not able to decode the BD Hi-Def audio soundtrack.

If you're after the full Blu-Ray experience, you can either get a BD HCIAB (Home Cinema In A Box..... Just like your current IS10), but these aren't particularly common or cheap, and as you've already got the BD player, you'll be spending money on something you don't need (the player part of the HCIAB). Or go for a dedicated A/V Receiver with a speaker package.

It all depends how much you want to spend and if you want to maximise your BD experience.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that. Don't really want to spend that much but want to get most from BD. Could probably budget for Sony ST-DG820 receiver and KEF KHT1005.2's. Gonna start shopping around.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts