Help Samsung 46d7000

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I just brought a d7000 last week and overall I am happy with the picture it does seem as good as my old LG plasma.

We I went to look a the tv in my local Seven oaks shop I was torn between the d7000 and the VT30 I watched all types of input like films and football on sky hd but I was drawn to the sammy as the picture seamed brighter, so I went for the sammy with a 5year warranty.

We I got it home and set it up I turned the brightness and contrast down, I also turned all the picture prosecers of as per another forum. The amount off picture options in the menu is daunting,so I left at that.

When I watch football on sky hd the picture though very good does not seem to clear and sharp as my old plasma.

My question is do I take the tv back before the 10 day full exchange or refund and go for a vt30 plasma, but after reading all the threads on this forum and others about quality problems with these tv,s do you think this is the best option.

I have had Panasonic plasmas in the past with no problems

My local Seven Oaks is only 10 mins away so if there is a problem I can take it back.

Sorry for the long post.

A

Anonymous

All tv's seem to have issues these days, but more fundamental than this is that you are essentially comparing LCD against plasma. In terms of sharpness or clarity, with all the menu options turned off on the Samsung, you will only be getting 300 lines of clear detail on moving images whereas a modern plasma tv will show all 1080 lines of clear detail. The only way to correct this would be to turn on the motion processing on the Samsung, although this can create an 'artificial' looking picture at the same time as creating a sharper one.

A

Anonymous

Hi

Thanks for your replay, your advice is much appreciated.

I know each tv is different and lighting in rooms can make a lot of difference, but do you have any settings that i could start with, i am starting to warm to the tv and after watching cars 2 on blu ray the picture is very good.

One more question, do you have to run in a led tv like a plasma or just turn the contrast / brightness down for a few weeks.

Thanks again to you both.

AnotherJoe

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
alsina said:
All tv's seem to have issues these days, but more fundamental than this is that you are essentially comparing LCD against plasma. In terms of sharpness or clarity, with all the menu options turned off on the Samsung, you will only be getting 300 lines of clear detail on moving images whereas a modern plasma tv will show all 1080 lines of clear detail. The only way to correct this would be to turn on the motion processing on the Samsung, although this can create an 'artificial' looking picture at the same time as creating a sharper one.

This is correct - if you set Motion Plus[clear] and LED Motion Plus[on] in the settings you will get the full 1080 lines of motion resolution

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts