Help request to identify a CD Player

sonoftownhall

Apr 11, 2021
Visit site
Hello,

Here is a screenshot of the setup of Mr. Sanju Chiba the founder of elm laser turntable.

I couldn’t identify the CD player that he used?

Can you please tell what is the brand/model of that CD player?

Kind Regards,
Engin1DAE6157-81D0-4AE4-881A-F5BA64283702.png

D

Deleted member 116933

That looks like pioneer design language to me, They used concaved design elements heavily on the fronts of the units in the late 90's early 00's. Along with those big on-off buttons

Concentrating purely on the length of the manufacturer lettering I don't think it is a Sansui
Can I ask where the original photo came from? Perhaps a higher resolution copy could be obtained.
Can I also ask why the need to know..... :)

I have it.
It was the number of buttons that had me baffled, however that's because it is a CD recorder.
It's a Pioneer PDR 609
(The only photos I can find show it in black not silver)
Now how do I claim my I-Spy badge? :)

Last edited:
Reactions: AndyCC72

sonoftownhall

Apr 11, 2021
Visit site
Concentrating purely on the length of the manufacturer lettering I don't think it is a Sansui
Can I ask where the original photo came from? Perhaps a higher resolution copy could be obtained.
Can I also ask why the need to know..... :)
It’s from the ELP related part of the “Vinylmania (Vinylmania - When Life Runs at 33 Revolutions per Minute)” documentary.
You can watch it here:
View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W_4sooWCh_Y&t=467s

I have an ELP turntable and as an obsessive person I’m trying to make the same setup. I believe Chiba-Sam knows something and already tried everything to make the the best setup for a system based on an ELP turntable. That’s the reason 😄

sonoftownhall

Apr 11, 2021
Visit site
I have it.
It was the number of buttons that had me baffled, however that's because it is a CD recorder.
It's a Pioneer PDR 609
(The only photos I can find show it in black not silver)
Now how do I claim my I-Spy badge? :)
Oh, you already found it. Thank you very much Al. You are the best spy I have ever seen. Your reward is a Turkey vacation when this zombie invasion is over.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts