HELP reducing top end brightness

Tibor

Oct 23, 2007
Visit site
My cd player Marantz CD 5001 has a bright, metalic top end, causing listening fatigue very easy( very annoying at classical music ). I have Polkaudio Rti 6 speakers and Nad 320BEE amp. Can I reduce this brightness replacing the analog interconect cable?, or I have to replace the cd player? I want to replace my Martantz with NAD 515BEE, but I do not know how smooth is the NAD^s treble Do you have any suggestion? Which budget player has a swet, smooth treble? Thank you

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
From experience, I'd suggest that the CD5001's top end is anything but bright and metallic, but rather open and clear.

I'd be much more inclined to think about a change of speakers, as the Polks aren't exactly known for being shy and retiring...

Tibor

Oct 23, 2007
Visit site
In my experience the Marantz CD 5001 has a clear treble with a lot of air, but more brighter than my previous cd players :Technics multiplayer, Denon DCD 685, NAD C525BEE, Yamaha DVD S 657 sacd player and tiresome to listen with classical music, for ex. violin concerto.
. I replaced my KEF IQ 3 speakers with Polkaudio Rti 6, which has a warmer treble with silk soft dome.
I think many budget cd players have this problem with treble brightness, for example Cambridge A. 340C

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
I heard the NAD C515BEE yesterday......very impressive for the money and no treble brightness. Marantz produces very good CD players but the treble can be a bit bright. Even the (fantastic) CD6002 can sound aggressive sometimes.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts