Help please - im really confused!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I have a hitachi 42pd5200eh nearly 4 years old which i believe only has a resolution of 1024 x1024. l read online that screens with a resolution lower than 1920 x 1080 are not worth having sky HD? Question 1 is this true or not? Am i wasting my time having HD?I have just upgraded sky plus to HD and am not sure whether i can tell the diffrerence?

I also have the following very strange problem. When i connect the sky box straight into the TV HDMI to DVI the sky works perfectly. This is complemented by having the optical lead into my ONKYO 606 for the best sound.When i try to run the sky via the ONKYO HDMI and then to my TV the SKy box will not move past standby. The screen comes up with the SKY hd logo at first then it says no signal received on a blue screen.I also have a PS3 and this works fine when tried through the same imput. I had sky engineer round as i thought it was the box freezing but we worked out it is ok if fed straight to the TV but always freezes after getting the sky HD logo on the screen.How can the ONKYO affect the sky box?

The trouble is if i want to play the PS3 i have to change the lead from the telly to the sky box so the sky HDMI end is moved to the ONKYO HDMI out pick up the incoming signal from the PS3.This is a pain! I am still in my return period and am thinking of sending it back as the lead changing thing is a problem and as i say i am not comvinced about the picture improvement.Any help woulf be greatly appreciated.................

A

Anonymous

I'm not entirely sure that I understand your problem - why do you keep having to change leads?

Connect your PS3 to an input on the Onkyo using an HDMI lead.

Connect your Sky box to a different input on the Onkyo using an HDMI lead (and an optical lead for Dolby Digital sound).

Don't forget that you have to prescribe the input channels on the Onkyo - info on how to do this in the instruction manual.

Then connect the Onkyo output to the TV input using another HDMI lead.

What is the problem? Am I missing something here?

A

Anonymous

Hi Williee

When i connect the sky HD to the onkyo it freezes and goes into standby , when i connect direct to the telly its fine,this is what i do not understand. I need to move the hdmi end of the lead from the sky box to the onkyo out to pick up the ps3 imput.

My big issue is why the SKY freezes when i try to run it through the onkyo. Also my other question was about the resolution because i do not see much difference between the picture through the hdmi to the one coming through the scart.

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
Get the daft questions out of the way first Robbbee....which HD channels do you receive and have you checked through the SKY HD box (via the 'i' button on the Sky remote) that you are actually watching an HD program?

A

Anonymous

Yes i have.

I believe the HD propgrams come up in a different colour if they are true HD.Could the low contrast 1024 x 1024 be the reason , the set is 4 years old. I believe that modern sets are at least 1924 x 1024?

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
robbbee:
Hi

I have a hitachi 42pd5200eh nearly 4 years old which i believe only has a resolution of 1024 x1024. l read online that screens with a resolution lower than 1920 x 1080 are not worth having sky HD? Question 1 is this true or not? Am i wasting my time having HD?I have just upgraded sky plus to HD and am not sure whether i can tell the diffrerence?

Robbbee,

My HD-Ready TV 'only' has a resolution of 1366 x 768 and it beats many Full-HD TV's for both SD and HD material.

Blu-ray is astounding. BBC HD which I receive via my Sony BDP-S370 blu-ray player is also very good.

The question is : Is your TV performing at it's best? Has it been calibrated in any way?

Ronald

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts