Help on picking a new system

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I need some help on selecting a new amp and cd player to go with my acoustic energy evo 3 floorstanding speakers.My budget is £500 but can go up to £700 at a push .

Any ideas welcome

cheers

Hi lauders, would you consider ex-dem or s/h?

A good place to look is with Marantz or Rotel. Any dealer worth its sorts will set-up a demo for you, with your speakers. Try some of the High Street dealers, like Audio-t, Sevenoaks.

Also try searching out Arcam DIVA range that are going at knock down prices.

Good luck

A

Anonymous

cheers for the advice

i was considering the marantz pm6002 and cd6002 .I do not know much about acram was their any models i should look at?

batonwielder

May 13, 2008
Visit site
Lauders69, depending on your musical taste and room dimensions, I would recommend looking at more lively sounding electronics with tight bass. I have the exact same speakers (to be replaced soon) and they sound boomy and muddy in a small room.

Take a look at some Rotel products. Best gears that fit your budget in my opinion.

lauders69:

cheers for the advice

i was considering the marantz pm6002 and cd6002 .I do not know much about acram was their any models i should look at?

It's true what baton has said. The Arcam's do veer to the contolled side and some like it, others find them a subject of ridicule. Personally, I love the neutral sound the Arcam produces. Try looking at either A65 Plus [that's my amp] or A70, matched with CD73T.

The Rotel RA04 is very good and is generally a little more lively than the Arcam. Although, I find the Rotel can sound a little edgy with a slightly boistrous bass[IMO], but you may like that sound.

TRENDING THREADS