Help on HD please

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I don't know if this is the correct Forum but here goes.

I have a SONY KDL-32V2000 and a SKY HD box. Now I know the TV is only HD Ready but it was the recommended combi when SKY started their HD service.

Problem; I honestly can't see any difference between HD and non HD. There is a slight difficulty I have with the HDMI standard and I might comment on that later.

I did have the SCARTs connected up from the SKY HD box as well as the HDMI connection. At the SONY shop they advised that I didn't connect them and just have the HDMI connection on AV4 which I now have.

At the SONY shop they told me that the SKY box doesn't upsacle. Is that correct? I can set the output in the menu at 3 different "levels" up to 1080i (which is what I have it set at).

Now in all honesty if I go between a HD channel and a non HD channel (i.e SKY 401/408 SKY Sports 1 and SKY Sports 1HD) I see no difference in the picture. Do I need to go to SpecSavers? Is 32" to small to see HD improvements? Am I doing something stupid? Am I stupid? (there is no need to answer the final question!!)

Now if the clever people out there can help me I will be very grateful.

I do have a slight other problem. That is why was HDMI never made switchable like SCART. When I switch on I need two Remotes. I switch the TV on and it goes to the internal tuner. When I turn my SKY box on I need to use the source change button on my SONY TV remote to go to the AV4 input. When I turn the SKY box of the TV just sits there with no picture. This of course was never a problem with SCART.

Thanks all.

nads

HDMI does have the ability to control/switch on other stuff. (it is down to your settings)

If your TV is HD ready set the output to 720p and enjoy. if you cant see the difference then you have a good upscaler in the TV which is taking the native SD and upscaling to 720p. if you sent 1080i to the TV it will just convert it back to 720p.

and 32" is about the limit for seeing any difference and then i would be surprised.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts