HELP ON GRAPHIC EQ FOR YAMAHA RT471

xihong90

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
hello all,

Recent i just bought a RT471, have been trying up to get the best EQ for the whole day, but in the end i still cant get it. so i decided to ask the expert here and hope you guy can help me with it
smiley-smile.gif

I will post my set up below hope you guy can help me with it
smiley-cry.gif
img0244ms.jpg

img0246ks.jpg

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
What are 'stock' speakers? R they Yamaha bought as a system? Make sure speakers arw connected properly. ie + to + etc and front L&R etc in correct plugs. Run the auto setup with microphone plugged in. Is this kit new or sh? Do u have the manual, mic etc?

What source. Bluray, sky??
and how is this connected?

xihong90

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
wiring has been done. and i run the YAPO already but i still find that the sound is not very good. i bought second hand. i connect my cable tv to the RT471

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm no expert but i'd like to help if i can,i knw how frustrating it can be!

Is this first 5.1 you have had?

When you say the sound isn't very good how do you mean?

The yamaha processing will set the levals for each speaker determining what eq is best suited to your room accoustics.

Have you a sub connected..if so what cross-over is it set at?

xihong90

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
yes bro its my first time i install a amp. i dont know how to play with. erm how to check weather its is 5.1 ? sorry im a noob in audio.

xihong90

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
img0247dh.jpg
yea my rear speaker is beside my front speaker because when i bough this system my false celling has already done up. hmmm no error

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
From your pix i can see you have 5 speakers and a sub.A 5.1 set-up should have a front left speaker,a center speaker and a front right speaker...positioned as you have them already,however the two rear speakers appear to be next to your front l/r speakers!

If your unsure as to positioning just google Dolby Digital...you will find some very interesting info on their site.

http://www.dolby.com/us/en/consumer/setup/connection-guide/home-theater-speaker-guide/index.html

The thing is you will only get as good a sound as your equipmant will allow....but placemant is the first step...hope this helps:)

xihong90

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
GSB said:
From your pix i can see you have 5 speakers and a sub.A 5.1 set-up should have a front left speaker,a center speaker and a front right speaker...positioned as you have them already,however the two rear speakers appear to be next to your front l/r speakers!

If your unsure as to positioning just google Dolby Digital...you will find some very interesting info on their site.

http://www.dolby.com/us/en/consumer/setup/connection-guide/home-theater-speaker-guide/index.html

The thing is you will only get as good a sound as your equipmant will allow....but placemant is the first step...hope this helps:)

hmm so base on my set up i cnt obtain 5.1 ? unless i re position my rear speaker?

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Without being rude. If you need help then u really need to give more information already aaked for. Firstly the rears MUST be at the back or side of yr listening position. Otherwise u woule be better of using just 3 speakers. Try this first. Is the sub connected to the sub out and is it powered? Lots of questions for you

xihong90

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
i understand bro i trying very hard to answer your question. yes the sub is power on. because i dont not want to do an rewireing so if this case if i change to 2.1 will it give me a better sound?

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
And GSB I thought I was retired! :)
Suggest you swap the wires. Test and report back with all the answers to above questions. Im sure you will then get some helpful support.
Think my dinner is ready .... Happy Easter

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
RobinKidderminster said:
And GSB I thought I was retired! :) Suggest you swap the wires. Test and report back with all the answers to above questions. Im sure you will then get some helpful support. Think my dinner is ready .... Happy Easter

Happy Easter Robin...i'm off out with the in-laws for a meal :wall:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts