Help on a buying a first Blu Ray player

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Good afternoon everybody-

I am contemplating buying a blu ray player, but do not know the first thing about them... Can anyone please give me a top 3 (budget under £500), and let me know

a) if it is a good time to buy?

b) what to look for in a blu ray player?

I will likely be hooking it up to a Panasonic plasma tv (the new 80 or 85 model, 42 inch), KEFF speakers and Onkyo receiver/amp... Also, I do not game, so a PS3 would only be an option if its blu ray capacity is better than regular blu ray players (price quality wise)...

Thanks!!!

A

Anonymous

Unless you can wait until the end of the year the PS3 is the best for price/performance even if you never buy a game for it in your life. The added bonus would be that when some better players arrive you'll still get good money for the PS3 if you sell it, esp. in the run up to Xmas.
emotion-1.gif
It will work fine with a new Onkyo amp, if it's an older one you'll need it to accept multi-channel PCM over HDMI to get the best audio experience.

A

Anonymous

1.Panasonic dmpbd30 2.Sharp BD-HP20S(not as good as the pana but very good,I have this player,probably get some good deals too) 3.Pioneer bdp lx70a,nice but pricey.Ps,the Sharp player in my opinion is excellent regardless of what people say.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts