Help new system required for mother n Law & her fella

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Folks help needed please. Mother n Law & her fella have dug out all there old Vinyl & have started buying some more etc. There using an old stack system with a dodgy pre amp at the momment. So they have asked me to come up with a budget but still sounding good system. Now i've been out the market for this sort of thing for a quite a while so i need some help. This is what ive come up with so far.. Your opions are welcom just be nice.. thanks

Cambridge Audio Azur 540A with Cambridge Audio 640P to play the record deck on

Cambridge Audio Azur 540c v2 CD player

Project debut III

Speakers a choice of 3 type...... Mission M33i or Mordaunt short MS914 or Kef iQ5 se

Ok good choice bad choice.... Its going into a room with wood flooring half conservatory type room, and they want to add speakers into another room at some point...

Like i said please help

T

the record spot

How about a Rega P1? Or - if you can still find them - a Goldring GR2 (basically a Rega P2 clone) - comes with the RB250 tonearm and Goldring 1012GX cartridge. Could well be going for a song in the few places that might yet have one. The arm and cartridge bought as separate items cost almost as much as the whole package does! You should find one for about £200 (from £265) and it would probably beat the Debut for performance.

John Duncan

I'd probably go for the Marantz 6002 combo, if only because it has a built-in phono stage, together with the KEFs, since they're at such good prices at the moment. Debut is fabulous but record spot's idea of the Goldring better if you can find it - they'd probably appreciate the build quality a little more - alternatively, a second hand Rega - P2 or P3 even.

A

Anonymous

Thanks John i'l look into that. so hard to know what to do seeing as its not my money & they really hav'nt set a budget as such but i kinda know i cant go stupid. So thanks again

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts