Help Needed

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have an old Hitachi Hifi FX-6 and I want to update the speakers. They have 2 speakers in each speaker - 1 woofer 12cm and 1 tweeter 5cm and I want to update those speakers.

Any Advice?

Alex

Blackdawn

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi, How old is the Hitachi? Is it a separate source, amp and speakers? What are the specifications of the amplifier? Why do you want to change the speakers? What are the specs of your current speakers? e.g. nominal Ohms, output and sensitivity?

A

Anonymous

Blackdawn said:
Hi, How old is the Hitachi? Is it a separate source, amp and speakers? What are the specifications of the amplifier? Why do you want to change the speakers? What are the specs of your current speakers? e.g. nominal Ohms, output and sensitivity?

It is really old - i think like 10 years maybe a bit more older! The speakers plug into the hifi system.

Impedance - 6ohms

Max input - 50 watts

Woofer - 12cm

Tweeter - 5cm

This is all the information on the speakers.

I want to upgrade speakers to get more bass and more clearer sound.

Any help would be appreicated.

Alex

A

Anonymous

madalex26 said:
It is really old - i think like 10 years maybe a bit more older! The speakers plug into the hifi system.

Impedance - 6ohms

Max input - 50 watts

Woofer - 12cm

Tweeter - 5cm

This is all the information on the speakers.

I want to upgrade speakers to get more bass and more clearer sound.

Any help would be appreicated.

Alex

More infos are needed to help you. Either find your user manual, or look at the back of the said device where you connect your speaker. In any way, if your speakers are maxed at 50 watts at 6 ohms, and the whole system was sold as a unit, then you can be pretty sure your amplifier (perhaps included with a CD/Tape Deck/Tuner all in the same device?) doesn't give out much... Perhaps the said 50, probably 30-40... and if that 50 Watts is a peak calculation of some sort based on the amp, it would mean even less power at the amp output. Like all-in-a-box systems claiming 1000 Watts of power. So it leaves you with pretty much no option. What we truly need to know is the amp output power, and ideally the reference rate of the said measure, as to know if it was effectively measured as a peak power... That info might not be included even in the manual. Still, that manual is your best option to get some help.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts