Help needed

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have two sets of stereo systems, one being a set of active studio monitors that can accept analogue signals, the second being a Cambridge Audio 640 A and C / Mordaunt Short 914 setup. I want to convert this into a workable home theater with my actives as fronts and Mordaunt Shorts as rears. I have very limited space in my equipment rack and can, at max accommodate a DVD player that outputs decoded analogue signals from my DVD's.I have a very large room (8m x 5m) but the actives are able to fill it very nicely. Not interested in Blue Ray at the moment, a suitable DVD player would do just fine for me.

I need some advice as to which DVD player I should go for, the following boxes need to be ticked:

1. I do not wish to add a subwoofer as I feel the actives output plenty of quality bass (down to 36htz), as do the Mordaunt Shorts (down to about 50htz). Therefore the player has to give me the option of configuring all speakers to large without the sub

2. I do not wish to add a center channel. My actives image beautifully and I simply don't have the space in my rack to accommodate a center channel speaker. Would the DVD player be able to output analogue signals in a 4.0 format?

3. The DVD player should have the facility to set speaker distances and the like, preferably also have some minor tuning facilities as my fronts and rears are a bit different from each other but this is not mandatory as I can live with some minor differences.

4. The DVD player should be simple to use in this configuration, and not a major engineering task every time I wish to watch a movie on it.

Would greatly appreciate your advice

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
You won't get much response by calling our forum members 'common'.

Most DVD players with multichannel analogue outputs will give you facilities you want, but how are you going to control the volume of the system you suggest?

A

Anonymous

Cheers Andrew, appreciate your response.

Volume control will be done manually, the fronts have their own volume control and the rears will be controlled through the Cambridge Audio integrated (painful I know). I believe in having a system thats great for stereo, and good enough for home theater:)

Please recommend a suitable DVD player upto 600 GBP which has good decoding.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts