Help Needed Pioneer A400

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all just joined today and need some help please.

My set up at the moment is:

Rega RS5's

Denon TU-38RD

Marantz CD-63

I did have a Rega Mira but had to sell it to generate some funds but I now have a bit of money to spend on an amp to get my system running again.

I have been looking at the Marantz 6010 ose and the pioneer A400 but would like to know if these older amps will sound any good with my current set up?

I am keen on the Pioneer as I have read loads of good stuff about it but like I say I am unsure if it will suit the rest of my set up.

Many thanks,Matt

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Welcome.......

I used to have the Marantz PM6010 KI amp with the Marantz CD63 KI cd player......and they offered an amazing sound together.....

Therefore I imagine your cd player would be great with the marantz amp......

Hi Matt

The A-400 any day.
emotion-1.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Hi Rick,do you think the Rega RS5 with the CD-63 and A400 combo will be a good one,can I expect a sinilar sound to when I had the Mira or will it be totaly different?

Also I was looking at a Marantz PM-44SE,I cant find much info on this one so not sure how it performs against the other 2.

A

Anonymous

+1 for the A400 (as you may have guessed from my sig- i am somewhat biased...)

A

Anonymous

Hi all, I got a mint A-400 from ebay deliverd to me on Friday!!

It has totaly blown me away to be honest I did'nt think it would sound as good as it does,the Mira I had previous was a good amp and with a rrp of nearly £600 you would expect it to sound good but the pioneer is something else there is so much more detail and the bass is perfect,it runs the Rega RS5's very well indeed.

I know this amp has a legend status and great reviews and deserves all the praise it gets, for me oldschool is the new school!!

Thanks for the replies on this post.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts