help needed from PJPro if poss

davejberry

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
got a small issue that's been buggin' me with the WDTVLive. It seems to 'miss' the first half second of audio when streaming but not when using a local drive. I have a lot of lossless music on a pc / NAS and prefer to stream than copy everything to an external HDD connected directly. Have you had this issue and if so, got a fix? Thanks in anticipation

dave

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Hmm. No. Not had that but, then again, I don't do a lot of streaming with the WDTV Live, instead opting for a local hdd. For me, it was all about not having to have my PC on. Of course, the extra backup the additional hdd provides is a welcome bonus.

Is it every track you or just the first one?

davejberry

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the reply PJ

It's every track, some more noticeable than others. It seems to be the same with Twonky (flac) and WMP11 (mp3 and wma lossless) although I can stream ripped DVDs without a hitch from a Iomega Screenplay hung off the pc (XP-SP3) via USB2. I couldn't find anything on the WD forums specific to this issue although I'm pretty sure I've read about it before. I only stream because the pc has a lot of space and is always on in another room. When funds allow I might consider a NAS as my family stream from the pc aswell.

It's not a real big issue it just bugs me!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts