admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Please suggest some music for me to get stuck into! Im stuck listening to Pink Floyd at the moment, Mainly Dark Side of the Moon, The Wall and Wish yuo were here. Is the SACD release of dark side of the moon any good? Are there any suggestions of music i should listen to? I would like SACDs or DVDs (DTS prefferably for music). I like music that will stretch a system, really dynamic, music. Suggestions please?

A

Anonymous

Since I dragged myself home from work a couple of hours ago, I've been working my way through the Nitin Sawhney back catalogue. They're good system testers.

Buying music just because of it's production's a bit... well....... geeky though isn't it? No offence, and sure it's nice to have some good tester albums. But, the hifi should be to serve the music you love, not the other way surely?

List a few other artist you like and I'll try suggest something to fit the bill.

A

Anonymous

peter gabriel
genesis, mainly the invisible touch album
the eagles
fleetwood mac
thin lizzy
ELO
fatboy slim
annie lennox
the who
dire straits
led zeppelin
jamiroquai

I liked Kate Nash - Foundations

A

Anonymous

Katie Melua - Piece By Piece is beautifully produced.
Amy Winehouse - Back to Black is a good foot tapper and should give your gear a bit of a workout.
Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells 2 or 3
The Travelling Wilbury's Collection is a must have HDCD encoded disc too
RIght with you on Dire Straits, Jamiroquai & The Floyd
The Beatles 'Love' album is great 5.1 DVD-A
And if you really want to stretch your system and its your kind of thing, anything by The Prodigy is an assault on your ears.

A

Anonymous

Ive got The Prodigy's Their Law and the Fat of the Land, and I must admit, they are a bit spectacular. I have got tubular bells 1 on vinyl, and it had been played so much its more crackle then music - not that im too bothered as i got bored of the very long build up.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="richardjlarby"]music that will stretch a system, really dynamic, music[/quote]

Supertramp - Crime of the Century (Vinyl) this will deffo streeeeeech your system also

Captain Beefheart - Clearspot (title track and the Venus track, tooting music)

Fly like an eagle - Steve Miller Band - failing that ANY Steve Miller album :)

The 12 Dreams of Dr.Sardonicus - Spirit

The marriage of Figaro/Carmen - (GOOD opera, seriously)

Hard Nose Highway - Van Morrison

The Peter Gabriel CD given away with the Sunday Mail 3/4 weeks ago

Sounds of Freedom - Bob sinclair CD, BUT mainly for track 5 Kiss my eyes and 6 I feel for you

However you may not appreciate Figaro/Carmen, and only do the Freedom CD if your into HEAVY bass.

jetjohnson

Aug 11, 2007
Visit site
....I reckon The SACD of DSOTM sounds excellent ....great subwoofer stuff going on .....I also thought the original vinyl release sounded better than the standard CD release.

From a HIFI point of view the last 2 Steely Dan releases sound excellent (again especially in their DVD-A versions)

For dynamics I've always enjoyed listening to Talking Heads try and get hold of Speaking In Tongues ...excellent sounding percussion.

A

Anonymous

symphonyx divine wing of intervention its progressive metal but if u can handle the prodigy u,ll be fine they do very melody like traks and quite technical

A

Anonymous

I gotta get my Sister to grab & mail copies of the Mail - I see I missed out on Princes new CD too. I'll keep an eye out for Peter Gabriel next time I'm in the store.
Also - Gnarls Barkley - St. Elsewhere and The Prodigy - Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned - bangin'

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts