Help - Issue with Cyrus 8VS2 and Linn Nexus biwired

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

I am new to the What Hi-Fi forum (not to the excellent site though).

I bought a used Cyrus 8VS2 from a dealer (6 mo. warranty) to replace a NAD 3150 driving Linn Nexus speakers biwired. I plugged everything carefully with a Marantz CD80 as CD player (fixed output). It worked roughly fot 15 seconds before the Cyrus stopped working showing a flashing orange light.

As described in the manual, I switched it off for a minute then switched it back on for no result; same flashing orange light.

I replaced the speakers with an old pair of Ram (single wired). Nothing. So it seems speakers are not the reason (any longer).

I haven't tried another source yet.

Whatever configuration I tried, as soon as I leave the standby mode I am getting the orange flashing light.

I plugged the Nexus back to the NAD (biwired) and also tried them with my other amplifier, a Revox B25 MKIII (usually connected to a Micromega CD player and Triangle Comete EX biwired). They worked flawlessly.

Well, this is the first time I am facing such issues with an amplifier and my questions are: in your opinion, did I miss something or blew something with this configuration ? What to do next (prior to going back to the dealer) ?

Thanks in advance for your support.

Best regards,

Derek

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts