HELP FOR SETTING UP

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

I am hoping toset up the following items at this weekend. I could do with a little bit (alot, actually!) of your expert advice.

SONY KDL 40 W4000

SONY PS3 80 gb,

BT VISION (1080i)Should I use the Vision’s Freeview or the Sony’s Freeview to watch TV?

BOSE ACOUSTIMASS6 (passive)

YAMAHA YST-FSW100Subwoofer

YAMAHA DSP AX 761- 2 HDMI  (1.2a)  (up to 1080p).

Distancefrom the TV to the Amp and the rest of the kit is just over 1meter. Should Iget a 2meter HDMI cable to be on the safer side and any particular brand worthconsidering without spending too much on a cable? I also have a few 1meteroptical cables (Cambridge Audio) lying around which I could re use, if needed.

Allsuggestions are welcome!

Thankyou very much.

A

Anonymous

This will sound odd.

First off I'd get the TV set up as a TV on it's own. Tune in to freeview and check the signal strengths on all mux. Then get the TV picture sorted the way you like it.

Next I'd connect up the BT vision box (use an aerial splitter or pass through if the box has it) Make sure the picture is as good as it was when you were using the TV alone on Freeview on both the TV tuner and the BT vision tuner.

If you find the picture is worse in any way using either tuner then your next step is to improve the aerial installation. Get a Digital installer, or CAI registered installer or use word of mouth to find a good installer close to you.

I assume you plan to use the PS3 for playing discs as well as games so next rig up the amp and PS3 and speakers. HDMI is by far the easiest way to do this for connections between sources and the amp and the amp and the TV

You are best off with catagory 2 high speed HDMI cables. any good branded cables will be fine. You can play the cable and lead game once you have your set-up all working.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts