Help for first system basics

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
After much deliberation, I've decided to buy a half decent sound system. I would like opinions on the Cambridge A5 or 340A coupled with a set of Q Acoustics 1030 floor standers ( the speakers are not subject to negotiation...wife likes the look!!!). No laughing and pointing please, budget dictates!

Further to the last, which was also Hi-jacked by another question, the room into which it will be going, is 24' X 16', will this kit give a reasonable performance? I'm not after ground breaking Hi-Fi, just a decent sound for all types of music.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for responding Fatboy.

Initially, the sources are going to be DVD and CD Via a Toshiba 370E DVD and digital Radio Via SKY, I know these are not ideal but a compromise over home cinema which the family have agreed probably won't get much use and 5.1 speaker placing would pose a problem due to shape of room.

I would hope to eventually build on the system, particulary the CD, to achieve it's full potential.

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
I would say (given that the speakers are non-negotiable) that you should be happy with the system. It won't be the last word in hifi, but you are aware of that already. It should give a nice clean sound that won't offend anyone and should go more than loud enough for your needs...

A

Anonymous

Many thanks, may you never have a rich tea biscuit inserted in your CD Drawer by a two year-old!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts