Help for a New Guy building a system

molasse

Oct 12, 2024
Visit site
Hello friends,

New guy here. I've got a smattering of lower-end big-brand (Sony, Pioneer, etc.) components from the 1990s. My stereo is fine, but I want to build a much better system piece by piece. I listen to CDs mostly, but do some streaming and LPs. Between amp, tuner, streamer, CD player, where would you start, and what would you recommend for no more than $1,000 per piece (averaged).

If this matters, I listen to a lot of rock, ragtime and blues, ambient, and classical. Thanks!

Fandango Andy

Hello friends,

New guy here. I've got a smattering of lower-end big-brand (Sony, Pioneer, etc.) components from the 1990s. My stereo is fine, but I want to build a much better system piece by piece. I listen to CDs mostly, but do some streaming and LPs. Between amp, tuner, streamer, CD player, where would you start, and what would you recommend for no more than $1,000 per piece (averaged).

If this matters, I listen to a lot of rock, ragtime and blues, ambient, and classical. Thanks!
It depends what you are starting with. What amp and speakers do you have. In general I would say start by replacing the weakest element. This is most likely to be amp or speakers. Some 90s Sony amps are very good and punched well above their price.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts