Help for a Home Cinema Rookie

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everone-

I am planning to set up my "home cinema", but have no idea where to start or how to do this. Below is the list of items I (will) have-

TV- planning to buy a Pioneer PDP 428XD, Pana 42 PZ70 or Sony 40W3000 (probably one of last 2 for budgetary reasons- any recommendations?)

Surround Amp/receiver- Yamaha RX1500

Speakers- KEFF 2005.2 (will be wall mounted, previous owner installed cabling, do know know the quality of the cables used)

DVD player- Yamaha S557 (might upgrade this, probably to a Blu Ray, in next few months - any suggestions?)

Currently I watch regular cable TV and DVDs, will probably upgrade to digital TV and Blu Ray in the future.

Can anyone please tell me if

1) these components fit well, and

2) what best way would be to hook this up (what cables to buy and use, etc), and anything specific I should do regarding set-up? I know the RX-1500 has a special sensor that will automatically adjust speakers- is this sufficient? In case it is, please still help me out on the set-up.cables!

Thanks a million!

A

Anonymous

anyone?
emotion-7.gif

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Sorry, your thread seems to have got lost in the system somewhere.

If you can't run to the Pioneer, I'd go for the Panasonic TV, but be aware that the new 2008 models are being released now, although we haven't tested the 42in ones yet. Still, you might get a good price on the outgoing model.

Surround receiver: the Yamaha RX-V1500 is an older model that we gave 5 stars to in December 04, but it won't be as competitive now as it was then.

DVD player: have a feeling the S557 is an older model too. If you're planning to upgrade to Blu-ray I'd consider the Panasonic DMP-BD30 (£350). And if you do add Blu-ray, I'd seriously consider an AV amp/receiver that can handle the new high-def audio formats, such as Onkyo's Award-winning TX-SR-605 (£400).

KEF speakers, no problem, they'd be fine.

Hope that helps.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts