Help Denon 2311 v Onkyo 608

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, could anyone give me some advice on witch receiver to chose as my old Denon 1909 is playing up.

I've about £600 budget and have being looking at the Denon 2311 and the Onkyo 608. The Denon 2311 is available for about £550 now and I was interested to find out which is the best sounding with both music and movies. My other gear is listed below. The Onkyo is an award winner under £500 and the Denon as a four star rating at £800, but which would be best. I'm also worried that the Onkyo's are supposed to run quite hot . Is this true? Please help me make up my mind.

A

Anonymous

I would say the Denon sounds much better than the onkyo to me the onkyo sounded violent and not very plesent when i had a demo at best buy the Denon sounded much better sounded more balanced than the onkyo but tbh i would have a listen to them both before you purchase you may think diffrent

kinda

May 21, 2008
Visit site
I demod the 1911 and bought it above the Yamahas and Pioneers, but didn't demo the Onkyo. For me in sound terms the 1911 didn't really give anything away against the Pioneer 2020 even. The 2311 should be step up.

I think the Denon's have been sold short in terms of star rating this year, (don't forget the 2311 was 5 start briefly), but it means there are some good deals, and it is in the next bracket up from the Onkyo.

I'd go for the Denon, but try and have a demo if you can.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts