Help choosing projector?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys,

New here but I do need help. We're building a new house an in it there's a designated Home theatre room and I need help choosing a projector.

I don't really have any brand pics, but I have almost 0 knowledge on projectors and I need to get one within the month (or less).

Basically my summary of needs:
Max Price: USD$3500-4000

For screen - Probably 90-inches - This or This

I would like the best I can get in this price range, I'll be using it for my PS3, Blu-ray movies, sports, tv, etc. So If it has a few HDMI slots or however, that'll be great.

It will be ceiling mounted if that helps. Colour, brands etc doesn't matter, just someone help me choose. The brighter the screen color the better, or as clear to a normal tv in this range as possible. Oh also, if there's a better screen you guys can recommend in the same price range as the two above, be fantastic!

Thanks in advance!

A

Anonymous

Not fully no, the walls will be black, but there will be windows with shades, and curtains on top of them, so I would expect almost very little light to be in the room.

If it helps, I'll probably we watching from about 12 to 14 feet away. I haven't exactly measured (screen to viewing distance)

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Well if you need 3D, there's the current JVC's, and the upcoming new Panasonic. If you're only interested in 2D, then wait around for the new Epson 2D range - the specs are looking rather promising....

A viewing distance of 12-14 feet will give you a decent size pic - up to about 10/11 feet, give or take.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Wish we could get screens that cheap in this country!!

Oh, if your country still has access to Mitsubishi, check them out - my HC7000 is still the sharpest looking PJ out there, which is why I'm sticking with it for now. Their new HC9000 is worth looking at if you have access - Mitsubishi has unfortunately pulled out of the UK market bar one entry level PJ :(

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
The Sony VPL-HW30 would be my choice - very bright so you can use with quite high levels of ambient light. It is a brand new unit and in our eyes setting the pace for the new projectors luanched this year.

A

Anonymous

Just fyi, I might have said USD above but I'm in Australia!

Mitsubishi's a little old, im sure ill be wanting something newer lol. Plus not sold here anymore, least from Google. When's the new Epsom one's coming out?

As for 2D/3D, I want 3D, I really do, but I don' tthink the quality is quite there yet where professional 3D projectors are at, so it might annoy the peeps at home. I don't think they'll want it. As for 2D epsom, when's the NEW one out?

Secondly, as for the VPL-HW30, that looks perfect for my choice, cept not out in Australia, and I don't think it'll be in my budget when it's out. Is it being sold yet in USA? Shipping it over always works.. but tax and all that.. we'll have to see. $3700 is pushing it for sure. How much is it in the UK?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts