Help choosing HIFI speakers! :)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone.

First of all i will excuse if my english isnt that good - im from Denmark :)

Im going to move into a dormitory room that is 27m3 big. If you want there is a plan of the apartment here: FLOORPLAN (i plan on putting the tv and speakers at the lower left wall.

I have looked at these five speakers, and i know that the Jamo S608 differs a bit, but its extremely cheap :) (the price is per pair)

B&W 685 ~ 340£

Wharfedale 10.2 ~ 290£

Klipsch RB-81 ~ 390£

Monitor Audio Bronze BX2 ~ 300£

Jamo S608 ~ 570£

Its a shame that the only speaker i have a possibility to listen to, is the B&W 685. So i have nothing to compare it against. I like when the room gets "filled" by nice sound, and not that everything is vibrating because of bass, but rather that it is filling the room, and maybe you can feel it :)

Another dilemma is the reciever or amp. I dont really know what to choose, but i know that it shall be connected to this: TV, Xbox360, Apple Airport, eventually pc, and maybe a Bluray player.

My maximum budget is 850£.

Any other speakers can be just as good, so i hope you can come with some recommendations! :)

I hope you can come with some nice suggestions. I really look forward to get some nice sound! I currently own a set of Logitech Z5500, so it can only be better! :)

Regards. Kristian Flindt

lovstromp

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Davs, Kristian.

If you live near a hifiklubben store, you have the option to audition the 685s against others in that price range.
Also remember to factor in a DAC to your overall budget.

A

Anonymous

Hej hej :)

I live in the southern Denmark, so i can visit the store in Odense :)

But its just a shame, that alot of the bettest speakers cant be listened to i Denmark :(

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Well, the 685s will probably provide a nice warm room filling bass. I'm not sure whether buying locally would work out cheaper, but you might be able to get better value for money by checking out some of the quality Danish brands of speakers such as Jamo, Dali and Dynaudio.

A

Anonymous

ID.:Well, the 685s will probably provide a nice warm room filling bass. I'm not sure whether buying locally would work out cheaper, but you might be able to get better value for money by checking out some of the quality Danish brands of speakers such as Jamo, Dali and Dynaudio.

Dali is OK. cheap here. But what i can read, other company's should make better equipment for the same price.

Maybe it would be a good idea to list what genres i mostly listen to:

Drum&Bass

Dupstep

Nu-jazz

Trance

House

Electronic

A

Anonymous

Try to track down a local Focal dealer, and listen to some 706V speakers (£399). MUCH MUCH Better than B&Ws/Monitor Audios/Wharfedales! CAn't comment on the Klipsch/Jamos as I haven't heard them.

AL13N

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
KristianFlindt:Another dilemma is the reciever or amp. I dont really know what to choose, but i know that it shall be connected to this: TV, Xbox360, Apple Airport, eventually pc, and maybe a Bluray player.
The XTZ Class-A100D3 has five digital inputs (one optical and four coaxial) using Analog Devices AD1955 DAC. It also has both Class A (2 x 50W) and Class AB (2 x 110W) output. It costs £600.

Happy hunting.

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
you are actually lukcy to live in there. Dali's XTZ very good brands. jamo also from C series upwards.you can get very nice speakers at good price.not so lucky here in portugal have yet to find dalis on sale here

A

Anonymous

That XTZ amp looks really nice! But it would be nice if it was a little less expensive :p

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts