Help choosing headphones & import settings

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey all, I'm new to these forums and have recently started looking into audio and upgrading my headphones.

I am looking for the best pair of in ears that are £40 or less to listen to on an iPod. So far I have looked at the Sennheiser CX300 II's as they had a good review on here. I have also looked at the Klipsch S2's because they seemed good for the money. I would be grateful if anybody could reccommend any other headphones, I want a lot of detail in the music with good bass also. Thanks.

A few artists/genres I listen to if it helps: Faithless, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Mistabishi, High Contrast, Drum and Bass, Rock, Trance and Electronic. Also, if I am export music to iTunes from a CD, what settings should I use to get the best quality, Apple Lossless? I tried to use FLAC but got a little confused. Thanks again.

idc

Hi Jordan. Can't help with the headphones as I dont like sticking things in my ear. As for import settings on itunes on the tool bar find edit, then click on preferences then on the first tab Geberal, half way down click on Import Settings. There is a drop down box import using and Apple Lossless is your best bet. You get a lossless format but the files are not as big as AIFF. FLAC is not one of the options. Put error correction on as well.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the help idc, could you reccommend any on ear headphones for £100 or less and £50 or less? Thanks.
emotion-1.gif

John Duncan

Actually, before you go and rip your entire collection into apple Lossless, it might help to know how big your iPod is...

As for 'phones below 50 quid, I'd still buy CX300-IIs, especially for the fifteen quid or so they're going for at Play or Amazon. Great in-ears.

Haven't been paying attention between 50 and 100 quid though, sorry.

A

Anonymous

I thought about that before, it's only 16GB, I'll just put my favourite albums in Lossless. :)

idc

Jordan Cox:Thanks for the help idc, could you reccommend any on ear headphones for £100 or less and £50 or less? Thanks.
emotion-1.gif

Jordan, I would go for Grado SR80s on ear foam padded and open backed at slightly over £100 and at easily under £50 the Sennheiser HD201, around ear, soft pad and closed backed.

However, I am sorely tempted by the Goldrings the prof has recommended. They are noise reduction, closed backed around ear headphones and at an amazing discount on Play.com.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts