Help! CA 540A with CA S30 Speakers Loud Buzzing

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I just bought a CA 540A amplifier and CA S30 speakers. I connect the speakers with gale cables from richer sounds. When I turn on the amp there is loud a buzz which gets louder with the volume control going up and the amp is not connected to any other source. Does it mean either the amp or the speakers have a fault? Should I return it?

Thank you,

A

Anonymous

How loud is the buzz in reference to the music? Do you have any other equipment/mains cables surrounding the amp or the speaker cables?

A

Anonymous

Just to try I replaced the amp and made sure the cables stay far away. No difference. However, I observed that you can hear the buzz from the amp as well. It's coming from inside. Also when there is one point in the volume control that the buzz almost goes away. Below or above that point buzz gets louder even I turn the volume all the way down. At the moment I keep the volume level at that point and the music is good. I don't hear any buzz. Is this normal? or should I just return the amp?

Cheers,

batonwielder

May 13, 2008
Visit site
louf:
Just to try I replaced the amp and made sure the cables stay far away. No difference. However, I observed that you can hear the buzz from the amp as well. It's coming from inside. Also when there is one point in the volume control that the buzz almost goes away. Below or above that point buzz gets louder even I turn the volume all the way down. At the moment I keep the volume level at that point and the music is good. I don't hear any buzz. Is this normal? or should I just return the amp?

ÿCheers,

Wait, you just said you replaced the amp and the problem remained, so you can safely rule out the amplifier.

Sounds like there's some kind of interference going on where your system's sitting.ÿ

A

Anonymous

I don't think there are any status lights on the rear panel. This is 540a not v2. But the LED doesn't flash indicating CAP5 doesn't recognizes any fault.ÿ

ÿcheersÿ

A

Anonymous

Forgive my bad english! What I mean is I moved the amp to a different location, tried different electric sockets and made sure the cables stay away as much as possible.

cheers,ÿ

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Try different speakers (if you have an old spare pair or can borrow some).

If the buzz persists then take the amplifier back and get it exchanged. You say you just bought it.

If the different speakers makes the buzz disappear then take your new CA S30's back and get a replacement pair or a different type.

I assume you have checked for buzzing without any speakers connected and I also assume (because you did not mention it) that there is no buzz without the speakers.

Check for any possibility of wrongly connected speaker cables and use an alternative pair of cables to eliminate them from being the cause of the problem.

A

Anonymous

chebby:Try different speakers (if you have an old spare pair or can borrow some).

If the buzz persists then take the amplifier back and get it exchanged. You say you just bought it.

If the different speakers makes the buzz disappear then take your new CA S30's back and get a replacement pair or a different type.

I assume you have checked for buzzing without any speakers connected and I also assume (because you did not mention it) that there is no buzz without the speakers.

Check for any possibility of wrongly connected speaker cables and use an alternative pair of cables to eliminate them from being the cause of the problem.

Speakers can't be the cause of buzzing. If the amplifier buzzes loudly through the speakers with nothing connected to the inputs then it is faulty.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts