help build me a headphone only system please!

gooner26

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
i,m currently listening to my music via, igrago headphone's, pro-ject headbox 11 amp , and a denon m31 micro system, connected with qed interconnects. i'm really pleased with the results, because in an ideal world i'd obviousley like speakers aswell , but it's not feesable what with other people living at home. so what would a worthwhile step up be? i'm pleased with my headphones and headphone amp, but i fancy the idea of a new dedicated cd player, ie: the marantz cd 6002. will i be able to hear a worthwhile improvement over the denon m31? is it worth the upgrade? any advice would be greatly appreciated. also could someone tell me how the tone control works on a headphone amp, because it seems to be pre-set automatically. if i try turn up treble or bass with the denon i cant notice the change. cheers.

Gwyndy

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
I agree, the only real to find out whether the CD6002, or any other CD player, would be better would be to listen to it. In theory most dedicated players should be an impovement over the one in a mini system, but it isn't guaranteed.
As far as I am aware tone controls have no effect on a line out, only having an effect on speaker level outputs. Headphone amps tend not to have any form of tone controls. I think they try to get the sound right in the first place therefore you shouldn't need to adjust anything.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts