Help/Advice please

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi to all,

Great to have found such a vibrant forum as this.

Am hoping for some advice:

I have a Luxman 1000 series system - power amp, pre-amp and CD player, running with Monitor Audio Gold speakers - the sound is magnificent.

Problem is, I put a really defective CD in the player (by accident) and the player is now messed up - the sound is unstable, there are horrendous crackles and a constant fizzy sound. I've tried running a lens cleaner, but no improvement.

Question is this: Is it possible to just have this fixed at, say, a good local repairer? I mean will they be able to get proper Luxman parts, bearing in mind Luxman in the UK seems so rare...

Or, if I were to buy a really good CD player from another brand, would I get the same 'perfect' sound I'm used to from the Luxman? I have no idea if these systems are somehow designed to be totally compatible with only their own brand kit, or if I can actually get the same result from another good CD player. I'd rather buy something new than try and try unsuccessfully to have the Luxman repaired, if it came to it and I could get the same result.

Any advice really appreciated. Am lost without this CD player working.

Thanks in advance.

P

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Hi Precise1234,

I've done a bit of searching regarding Luxman in the UK and unfortunately drawn a blank. The only thing I can suggest is to book a demo with a local dealer, taking along your Luxman kit, and see if anything they have to offer is comparable.

If nothing does come up to the Luxman, you won't be pressurised to buy anything...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts