Help! Advice for newbie

Jonesy

Aug 19, 2022
Visit site
I'm hoping this is in the appropriate section but please redirect me if not.

I have some Monitor audio bronze 2 speakers with decent speaker wire and need guidance with the best choice for the streamer/head unit.
I only use spotify to play my music and would like to utilize the speakers as they're too good to get rid.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I have no idea. Apologies for my lack of knowledge!

Gray

Most 'just add speakers' options exceed that all important £1000 threshold but, the first thing that came to mind was the Nad C700 which, at currently £150 off, is 'only' £150 above the £1000.
Let's see what others suggest.

...Within the budget, but lacking its own display, is the Bluesound Powernode.
(Display may not be important to you - since you have phone / tablet / laptop control anyway).

Last edited:

Jonesy

Aug 19, 2022
Visit site
Most 'just add speakers' options exceed that all important £1000 threshold but, the first thing that came to mind was the Nad C700 which, at currently £150 off, is 'only' £150 above the £1000.
Let's see what others suggest.

...Within the budget, but lacking its own display, is the Bluesound Powernode.
(Display may not be important to you - since you have phone / tablet / laptop control anyway).
Thanks for the advice...Happy to stretch the budget within reason!

Reactions: Gray

Jonesy

Aug 19, 2022
Visit site
How does the Powernode compare to the Nad c700?
How much would I have to stretch the £1000 budget for the next step up in quality?

Gray

How does the Powernode compare to the Nad c700?
How much would I have to stretch the £1000 budget for the next step up in quality?
Good questions and ultimately ones for which only your answers would count.
When it comes to sound, tastes are very personal - and even descriptions of sound are inconsistent.
Anyone can tell you what they prefer.
I could be wrong, but I doubt anyone here has heard both the C700 and Powernode anyway.

Personally, I use a Raspberry Pi into a £100 DAC - so no good listening to me 😁

Last edited:

Dr-G

Sep 9, 2022
Visit site
Maybe a bit late to the thread...
I use a Teufel Streamer feeding a Rega Brio. The Teufel doesn't get many reviews outside Germany, but it has an excellent interface app (on iphone) and integrated Spotify (also Tidal). It also streams my own music from a NAS and you can additionally plug in a USB hard drive. The DAC in the Teufel is pretty good to my ears.

The Brio is a fantastic amplifier. Can't really add to what all the 5star reviews say...

I think you could get both for under 1,000 GBP.

The obvious upgrade from there is a better DAC between the Teufel and the Brio. I use a Hugo which makes the whole sound quite amazing.

TRENDING THREADS