Help! 5.1 surround Sound for bedroom

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hope someone can help. I have just bought my daughter a 37" 1080p Samsung TV and I want to get her 5.1 surround sound. She has a HD cable box and a PS3 for games and blu-ray. I have a Onkyo AV receiver and B&W speakers in lounge but don't want to go to that expense. Does anyone know of a 5.1 out of box solution that can take 2 additional HDMI connections to accomodate the PS3 and HD cable box for HD sound ?

Cheers in anticipation

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
alternatively, something like this Sony set-up might be quite bedroom-friendly (the speakers are the size of [square?!] golf balls). Tech specs are here - it has 3 HDMI inputs, and 3 optical too. It will handle the dolby digital from your HD cable box, and will give you dolby digital from your blu-ray player (but you'll miss out on the HD audio codecs).

A

Anonymous

prfessorwhat

Thanks for that a little more tahn I had budgeted for but definetly worth a look....

A

Anonymous

Big Aura

Thanks for that another option to look at !

Phil

Liam19

Jul 27, 2007
Visit site
Big Aura:alternatively, something like this Sony set-up might be quite bedroom-friendly (the speakers are the size of [square?!] golf balls). Tech specs are here - it has 3 HDMI inputs, and 3 optical too. It will handle the dolby digital from your HD cable box, and will give you dolby digital from your blu-ray player (but you'll miss out on the HD audio codecs).

Just an additional note, Phil - you wouldn't be missing out on Blu-ray's uncompressed, HD audio codecs with the Sony system Big Aura mentioned, since it can accept LPCM audio signals over HDMI.

So set your PlayStation 3 to decode to LPCM onboard, and the Sony will accept it and play it back just fine. The Onkyo system Prof mentioned will also do this.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
If you're using the formatting toolbar, just type the text you want e.g Click, then highlight the word and click the Insert/edit link button (looks like a pic of a chain) and then paste the link into the Link URL box.

A

Anonymous

Cheers professor I will give it a go next time.

(after I have sent something between my e-mail accounts to make sure I've got it)

A

Anonymous

Soulton

Thanks for that, got the Sony HT SS100 and it's the dogs! Daughter loves it!

Cheers

Phil

A

Anonymous

Glad to have been of help.

Now you will just have to put up with High School Musical in surround sound coming through the ceiling !

I must say that my mates does sound good and with 3 HDMI in and 1 out, it is well specced also.

Regards Si.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts