Hello :-)

colpro77

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi there,

A new memeber here. Really glad to be joining the community.

I am about to buy a multi-room sound system. Anybody have any views on whether I should go Sonos Play, or Harman Kardon Omni?

Many thanks

Colpro :)

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Hello by the way, Depends on whether you want a tried, tested and exceptionally good multi room system or you want to try something else or cheaper than a Sonos?

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
boggit said:
Hello by the way, Depends on whether you want a tried, tested and exceptionally good multi room system or you want to try something else or cheaper than a Sonos?

Or if he wants bluetooth and HD streaming (not that HD is any use IMO).

I haven't heard the Sonos Play speakers, but I think the HK bluetooth speakers are excellent for the price.

colpro77

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
Thanks guys,

What I want is a wireless multi-room system, to stream my own libary and Spotify through my ipad. I move to my new house this week, and have about 1200 GBP to play with. I was orignally thinking of buying a Sonos Play Bar, and a few Play 1s, a couple of which can be brought forward to create a faux 5.1 Dolby, when I am watching a movie. But I am really put of Sonos need for a seperate, expensive, subwoofer and the that the sound seems to lack depth without it.

I actually live in Berlin, was visiting a local hi-fi store this weekend and was introduced to HK's new multi-room system the Omni. They love HK here in Germany. So I was considering buying 2 x Omni 20 and 3 x Omni 10. This set up would be a similar price to Sonos, but as is so new (it has been out for only two weeks) there are a dearth of reviews. The sound seems to be better, and it doesn't need a subwoofer, as is built in, but at this stage the software is clunky. A big difference is though that the operating system is open sourced so hopefully this will encourage other developers to make apps, and will improve quickly. Sonos is closed.

If anybody has any ideas about this or can let me know how important the subwoofer is to get the best out of the Play 1, and Playbar that would be greatly appreciated. Or knows anything about HK Omni at all that would be great as I don't want to pay out 1200 GBP on something with so little information

Thanks again guys I really am in dire need of help here.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts