Question Hello

Stevedavies

May 13, 2021
Visit site
Beginner looking for information about getting a set up for playing vinyl nothing to complicated turntable amplifier and speakers to start off with. Got a budget of about £500

Welcome, Steve. Have you got an existing LP collection, because if not it’s a very expensive way to enjoy music?
Are you hoping to buy new, because it’s not much for a complete system? Used is great value, but you need to be sure what you’re buying.

Stevedavies

May 13, 2021
Visit site
Welcome, Steve. Have you got an existing LP collection, because if not it’s a very expensive way to enjoy music?
Are you hoping to buy new, because it’s not much for a complete system? Used is great value, but you need to be sure what you’re buying.
yes I have an existing vinyl collection dating back to regatta de blanc from when I was about 11 years old up to Liam Gallagher last album. Probably got 200 vinyl and 300 cd I’m more interested in the vinyl side for now and I am looking for equipment that I can add to later so I think that the amplifier would be a good start then turntable then the speakers. Any help would be much appreciated

D

Deleted member 188533

Probably a good idea to start another thread either in Hi-Fi or Turntables and LPs. This is more a place to say hello then to ask for advice and many of our members might not be looking here.

yes I have an existing vinyl collection dating back to regatta de blanc from when I was about 11 years old up to Liam Gallagher last album. Probably got 200 vinyl and 300 cd I’m more interested in the vinyl side for now and I am looking for equipment that I can add to later so I think that the amplifier would be a good start then turntable then the speakers. Any help would be much appreciated
I was looking at new kit from Richer Sounds after my earlier reply. A Denon DM41 is about £290, but you can get opened yet unused ones on eBay for around £230. A turntable with a phono stage is about £250 upwards. Speakers from £49 a pair for discontinued but very decent Wharfedale Diamonds. Still over £500 though! The benefit of the little Denon is it’ll play your CDs too. But it won’t fill a 10 metre long room!

A newish, used Rega or Pro-ject turntable would be a better long term bet. Up to about £500 new price you roughly get what you pay for with amps, imo. You’ll see all the recommendations in the main editorial pages.
A used Marantz PM6000 series might be a good buy. They’re up to 6007 now, so look for a 6005 or 6006 on eBay or Facebook marketplace.

Just some ideas to get you looking!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts