Hello from Portsmouth, UK! Help needed please :)

jonnyf90

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, I registered here to see if anyone can help me out as Google (for once) has let me down!

I have a Sony STR-D511 Audio/Video Control Center and it has been working perfectly for the last 3 years with it being faultless for numerous house parties and daily use.

I use a 3.5mm to RCA White/Red input to hook my laptop to the system to play music from iTunes etc.

Suddenly today I switched it on and there's no bass at all from the input and very VERY tinny sound with hugely reduced volume. Here's the weird part: when using it in Tuner mode, FM stations sound like they should, with clear bass, mid and treble, it's only when using the jack lead that the sound diminishes.

Is this a problem with the RCA inputs at the back, or a more severe internal problem?

Thanks in advance,

J5

jonnyf90

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi Chebby, thanks for the reply. I should've said I've tried another 2 leads from my friend (which I know are perfect) and the result is the same :cry:

Really stumped at the moment.

jonnyf90

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I have connected my phone, iPad, iPod and even my TV, all with the same result. I'm beginning to think it's a problem with the inputs at the back of the hifi. Also, the lead is usually in the "CD" input, and I have tried it in tape, video 1 AND video 2, all with the same result. :cry:

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
jonnyf90 said:
Yeah I have connected my phone, iPad, iPod and even my TV, all with the same result. I'm beginning to think it's a problem with the inputs at the back of the hifi. Also, the lead is usually in the "CD" input, and I have tried it in tape, video 1 AND video 2, all with the same result. :cry:

Sorry was typing my last reply without seeing your response.

Ok you haven't accidently plugged it in the wrong place.

jonnyf90

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Nah, I only use phono when the system is at my home, when I have my turntable hooked up. I don't have it with me here at uni. It's really strange that changing leads or input slot doesn't help, and right now I'm listening to the radio with perfect FM stereo, great bass and perfect sound. |(

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts