Hello from a newbie

bcostacurta

May 18, 2012
Visit site
Hello to All,

just to say hello.

My current system is Logitech SqueezeBox Touch + Cambridge Audio DacMagic + ampli NAD 3020 + speakers B&W 560.

My listening is Jazz music (pianos, vocals, jazz-samba).

Source is currently only Internet radio. Mainly www.jazzradio.com, with a subscription to gain a better stream quality.

Bye,

Bruno

daveg56

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi Bruno, welcome.

How do you find the DacMagic compared to the standard SBT output? I send my SBT digital out to the converter in my CD player, and can hear next to no difference compared to SBT analogue out. So I'm interested to see how others are experiencing other DAC's.

The biggest improvement to my setup was to upgrade the SBT power supply from the standard wall-wart.

Cheers, and that's a fabulous link, thanks

Dave

bcostacurta

May 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi Dave,

I found the DacMagic as certainly a positive improvement compared to the standard analogic output.

My feelings are the sound has more dynamic and details.

Sametime I also upgraded the cables : QED Performance, both connections for digital and RCA cables between SqueezeBox Touch -> DacMagic -> NAD 3020.

Next step, I maybe intend to upgrade my NAD 3020 and speakers B&W DM 560, both from years mid-end-80s.

But I'll probably post another thread for this subject on a more specific forum on this website.

Bye,

Bruno

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts