Hello and I need help !!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
First of all Hello !!

I have been into my hifi for a while but have not bought or stayed in touch with the latest tech since god knows how long ago.

Now I am looking at either finding an all in one solution for my home cinema system or add to my current seperates, plans are to uprate from my old crt to a 37 lcd or plasma depending on what I can get away with and spend approx £400 or a little bit more on the other bits, so what would people recommend from either adding to my old NAD T550 DVD player or ditching it and starting from scratch with an all in one system or new seperates ?

Only requirements are for the speaker set up to be descrete but thats it, room size is 12ft by 18ft for info.

Cheers
emotion-2.gif

Henry

A

Anonymous

Just the confirmation I needed as that was exactly what I was looking at but wanted to know if something else was available.

Oh and I prefer "My darling I.... cant get enough of your love baby" from the great Mr White rather than The Beatles.

A

Anonymous

One thing else I forgot to ask.... whats the sound like as far as music is concerned, only reason I ask is that I have my beloved TDL RTL3's which I don't really want to let go off but may have to and it would be good if it can hold its own in this regards.

Thanks again

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Well that's a spanner in the works - or a Spaniard, to continue the Beatles theme. The Sony ain't going to sound anything like a pair of RTL3 when playing music.

Maybe you'd better tell us what the rest of the system is...

A

Anonymous

It is a mish mash which I have had for stupid amounts of time, CD/DVD player is the NAD T550 , Amp is some sherwood item, marantz before that but it died on me and this was something I had left in the loft !

In all honesty the RTL 3's as much as I love them and the sound they produce are just to big for my room and the neighbours, what I really wanted to know was would the DAV IS 10 be able to provide a decent enough sound for music ?

Thanks again Andrew.

A

Anonymous

Anybody else have an opinion on the DAV IS 10 as far as playing just music is concerned ?????

Cheers

Henry

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
I'd say that the Sony is competitive with systems of this kind/level when it comes to playing music. I'd wander along to a Sony centre or somewhere similar and give it a blast.

A

Anonymous

Cheers Andrew,

I have read the reviews but obviously with it being a all in one cinema box people rarely seem to say what it is like in regards to just playing music.

Once again thanks for your help my local comet will be getting a visit although not my cash !!

A

Anonymous

£599 in comet £349 on digital direct simple really plus they get enough money from me on other bits.

A

Anonymous

Having read some other posts can I assume that the DAV IS 10 is not always multi region and if so how can you differentiate between the two ?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts