Hegels New amp røst?

Chr78

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Any first impressions out there?
I AM looking for an powerful amp to drive My pmc 23. I have before tried the hegel h80, i thought it was powerful but Also dark and a bit muddy sounding.

Any thoughts of the new røst? If it is more detailed, refined and open than the h80, it could be something for My pmc 23!

Chr78 said:
Any first impressions out there? I AM looking for an powerful amp to drive My pmc 23. I have before tried the hegel h80, i thought it was powerful but Also dark and a bit muddy sounding.

Any thoughts of the new røst? If it is more detailed, refined and open than the h80, it could be something for My pmc 23!

I doubt you'll get many replies, from the UK anyway, because it's not on sale yet. ;-)

Have you tried Bryston?

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Musical Fidelity's Encore looks good too.

Much more powerful and their amps are usually very low distortion, clear and controlled.

The Schmegel reads decent too. Looks better in silver imho.

I would imagine it is the same as the 80 with the extra functionality. Even if it were different, it would surely have their house sound, which is essentially neutral. Rick from Musicraft will probably update us soon!

I think you need to look elsewhere. Though I'm not a great Naim fan, they often seem paired with PMC so it would be worth hearing. Power per se is not their forte, so maybe an integrated like the monster new Rotel might suit? RA-1592 it is.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts