Hegel H200 vs H300

baltun

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone,

Throughout my long journey in finding the "right" amp, I bumped into the Hegel H300, which just made my day.

However, its price exceeds my budget, and I am now considering its brother, the H200. It's still a bit too expensive for me, but I can afford it.

The problem is that I cannot audiotion it, and so there are no guarantees it has the same performace or character as the H300.

I would be grateful, therefore, if anyone who had listened to both models could share his/her opinion on the difference between the two.

MrNo

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I tried both H200 and H300 last week. After a lot of negotiations, I ended up buying h300 - thanks to a significant discount the shop made on the price. Otherwise, I would have gone for H200, as the difference in the sound exists, but so slightly that for me it wasn't worth the upcharge.

The other thing you should consider is the included DAC in H300 - it is indeed a pleasure to control my mac mini through Hegel's remote and not to have another separate DAC box in the rack.

Singslinger

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I've listened to both and found the the 300 to be the better amp, although you're not just paying for more power, there's also a DAC. Do you need an amp with a DAC? (Naim recently revamped its SuperNait and removed the internal DAC...)

The sonic signatures however, of the 200 and 300 are the same - they both sound powerful, unflappable and detailed.

rocketride

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Hi fellas!

How about differences between H100 and H200?

H100 fits friend's budget perfect but he could try hard to reach H200 if it worths that pain. :grin:

I am supporting H200. :)

Any help please?

Thanks!

Best wishes for New Year 2014! :cheers:

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
H300 is slightly more powerfull than the H200 , If you don't need an internal DAC and digital inputs go for the H200 .

MrNo

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
This is already a bit old, but if you haven't tried yet, Hegel H80 seems very promising, with the included DAC.

mpapo

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
As you can see in my sig I'm pairing the Hegel H80 with the Kef LS50 and it has been doing a marvelous job driving them.I have quite a large room and frankly wouldn't need any more than the 75wpc the Hegels is delivering.

The sound I get from the pairing is incredibly dynamic and clear. No signs of harshness, I'm just getting immersed into the sound.

This amp makes me think of my old Ayre AX-7E amp (which I have always regretted selling) but I'd dare say that the Hegel is even better (at a fraction of the cost). I find myself being wow'd by the sound and then forgetting all about the equipment.

A must demo, you won't be disappointed.

TRENDING THREADS